Saturday, June 28, 2008

Black Suits and Blue Jeans

Isn’t it strange how your beauty never goes out of fashion?

You no longer wear that hair-do that was such a rage,
You have thrown away clothes belonging to another age,
The standard tees, tops and jeans still remain,
If only to prove to this world you are still sane.

Yet the smile blazes with the age-old kindness,
Eyes sparklingly clear with life that I have always known,
Your touch never let go of that nostalgic warmth
Your words still ring with love, making me your own.

There are things that don’t last through the night,
Then there are things which never go out of sight;
Black suits and blue jeans will always hang in my room,
And just like your beauty, always in full bloom.

3 comments:

Ananya said...

Sorry, to break the poetic spirit and feel, but I couldn't stop myself from mentioning this... the title reminds me of "white shirts with blue jeans, radiating masculine sexuality (or something to that effect in a somewhat same order :P)"...

Siddhant Lahiri said...

its "radiating hot looks"... ;-P
What say, Divya?

Bytchcraft said...

:|
they changed the uniform here to blue shirts
damn!